- Threaded top valve cover seals hand-tight and provides easy access for maintenance, inspection and repair;
- Molded flapper seals better than O-ring and can be removed for cleaning or replacement without removing the entire valve;
- Notches on the valve prevent wrong re-installion of the carrier and flapper;
- Valve is intended for standard (non-bury) installations. For shallow-depth bury, see part# 869-S4PS. For deep bury, use 869-S4PDB adapter, 6" Sch 40 PVC pipe (for sleeve) and 1-1/2" Sch 40 PVC pipe (glued to carrier for removal of the flapper);
- Arrow on the valve marks flow direction;
- UPC listed;
- Design in accordance to ASME A112.14.1-2003;
- Made in the USA.
- Connection: 4" SCH40 Hub (Solvent Weld PVC);
- Backflow pressure: up to 10 psi;
- Valve height: 6-1/2";
- Valve width: 10-1/8";
- Valve material: PVC;
- Flapper material: Elastomer overmolded polypropylene;
- Valve lid material: Impact resistant HDPE.